On the 28th of May Donegal Digital partnership, in cooperation with DEVISE project (funded by Interreg Europe programme), organised a workshop in CoLab (LYIT, Letterkenny), to identify concrete opportunities that can be implemented by companies based in the county.
- Participating SMEs think that sometimes companies don’t see the value in digital marketing.
- People are still afraid to signup online using a credit card. This means trust issues.
- Need to segment the market from early adopters to complete laggards.
- Need to show examples of people who benefited.
- People don’t know what they want when they get the online voucher and don’t spend money in the right places. Need pre/post advice.
- Customised plans for every business.
- Awareness and understanding about technology.
- Lack of understanding.
- Where can you go to find information? There is no central location.
- Getting the message across.
- Give advice with vouchers.
- Do webinars, record it for people so as not confined to people in the room but for busy business owners too. Deliver it in bite size chunks. E.g. podcasts.
- Lot of events with broad agendas which can put people off. Have niche events, drill right down to what the event is e.g content creation for Facebook/Instagram and people will know if it is relevant to them or not.
- Learning from what went wrong.
- Series of events like 'Make Money while you sleep' event in CoLab.
- Building positive case studies of how local businesses are using digital across a range of sectors, different adoption of technology and how it has enhanced businesses.
- Has an audit been carried out on the level of digitalisation in Donegal companies? Set a baseline, research project.
- Involve national associations e.g. Irish internet association
- Being able to adapt, up to date training available
- Central location for digital resources, signposting on Donegal Digital website.